Arrested for “disorderly conduct” during a Granny Peace Brigade demonstration at Grand Central Station last May, long-time PANYS member and former Chair Carol Husten refused on principle to pay a fine or do community service. This forced a court trial, held on October 29th, where she made a stirring statement comparing her country with her children. I love them both, she said, but it’s my job to tell them how I feel when I don’t agree with what they’re doing. “Democracy,” concluded Carol, “is not a spectator sport.” Stay tuned for news on the judge’s decision, due on December 3rd.
- Tickets to the William Sloane Coffin Jr. Peacemaker Award Event Honoring Journalist Jeremy Scahill on Monday, October 6!
- Place an Ad in the William Sloane Coffin, Jr. Peacemaker Award Event Journal!
- Sally Jones goes to Japan!
- 5 Things to Know Now About Iranian Nuclear Negotiations
- A Question of Perspective: Examining the progress of a nuclear agreement from various global viewpoints